Terms and Conditions
1. Using the services of Royal Proofreaders (hereafter referred to as RP) constitutes agreement to its terms and conditions.
2. The client is under no obligation to offer RP work, neither is RP under any obligation to accept a client’s work.
3. RP will render services as agreed by both parties in writing.
4. RP reserves the right to change any part of its website (including its pricing and terms and conditions) without prior notice and without liability. Continued use of our services by clients after any change shall be interpreted as an acceptance of such change.
5. The work shall be carried out at any place or time determined by RP.
6. RP will make use of Microsoft Word track changes feature to edit manuscripts.
7. The fees to be paid by clients shall be determined by RP using certain standard parameters.
8. RP may demand full/part payment before commencing work.
9. The completed work shall be delivered on or before the stipulated date.
10. RP may renegotiate the deadline and/or fee if it realizes that the work to be done is greater than anticipated or if it encounters certain difficult circumstances beyond its control.
11. The content of the manuscript shall be kept confidential to the best of our ability.
12. Refunds (partial/full) shall be given at our discretion in extreme cases, such as total failure on our part.
13. RP may use its clients’ names and reviews for advertisement purpose on its website.
14. Once work has commenced in accordance with the order of a client (by virtue of filling a consent form), the client no longer has the right to terminate the transaction.
15. RP shall not be held liable for any loss, in whatever form, incurred by any error remaining in a manuscript edited by us. While we strive to achieve excellence in our services to our clients, human limitation may make it impossible to achieve 100% perfection.
16. RP shall not be liable for any act of plagiarism or breach of copyright or any other breach noticed in a client’s manuscript.
17. Our website may contain links to other websites that are not controlled by us; we shall not be liable for losses incurred from such websites.
2. At RP, we are aware of the huge resources, both financial and otherwise, that researchers commit to their work before getting to the stage of reporting it in the form of a manuscript to be published. Therefore, we take adequate measures to ensure that every manuscript sent to us is not accessed by a third party. Our staff (editors and other office staff) are made to sign a non-disclosure agreement, which makes it binding on them to keep the contents of all manuscripts that will pass through them confidential.
3. RP does not share the personal data of clients with any third party.
4. RP may only disclose a client’s personal data to a third party in order to comply with a legal requirement or court order.